The 2023-2024 school year is quickly approaching! See below for a few ways the library can help make this year a success. Don’t forget to scroll all the way to the bottom to see how we're celebrating the end of summer, and keep an eye on our event calendar for all our upcoming fall events.
District 200 Textbooks: Middle and high school textbooks available for use inside the library.
Study Rooms: Reserve a study room to work on homework, projects, and study for exams.
Computers: Computers available in the Tween Center, Teenspace, and Tech Center.
- Hotspot: Connect to the internet from home to work on homework and projects.
- Webcam: Participate in online classes and work on group projects.
- Graphing Calculator: Check out our Casio fx-CG500 graphing calculator required for District 200 high schools.
- AtoZ Maps: Explore 145,000 maps of the world, continents, countries, and states. Browse antique and historical maps, climate and ecology maps, flags of the world, and glossaries. Play geography games.
- Brainfuse HelpNow: Provides live online tutoring, and a writing center for individualized feedback on papers. Use SkillSurfer to access a learning library for kids, teens, and adults on school topics.
- Explora: Browse articles by topic: arts and literature, biography, business and careers, current events, geography and culture, health, history and social science, and science and math. Search for magazine articles, videos, and primary documents.
- Masterfile Complete: Provides full-text reference books, encyclopedias, biographies, magazines, and primary source documents. Covers all subject areas.
- Opposing Viewpoints: Provides materials to support differing points of view on current issues in the forms of primary source documents, statistics, websites, and multimedia.
End of Summer Celebrations
Summer Concert: The Throwbacks
Tuesday, August 8 • 7 pm • in-person
The Throwbacks take classic oldies songs from the 50s and 60s and infuse high energy and modern songwriting into them to create a unique rock experience for audiences who have loved them for decades! No registration required.
Last Summer Hurrah
Thursday, August 10 • 4 pm • in-person
Play Games! Win Prizes! Have one last chance to enjoy summer before school starts! For grades 6-12. Registration required.
Back to School Bubbles: Interactive Bubble Making Stations
Monday, August 14 • 6:30 pm • in-person
It's almost time to go back to school! Join Jason Kollum for Interactive Bubble Making Stations on the library's West Plaza. For children and their families. No registration required.
Decorate School Supplies
Tuesday, August 15 • 4 pm • in-person
Come decorate your notebooks, binder, planners, backpacks in the Teenspace! Get ready for school and meet some new friends! For grades 6-12. Registration required.
Back to School Art Break
Wednesday, August 16 • 3:30 pm • in-person
Before we get back into the school year, we want to give you a chance to start or finish any last minute art crafts to decorate your locker with, or give to friends. We'll provide some artsy materials: Paint, Crayons, Markers, Colored Pencils, Canvas, Sketch Paper, Glue, etc - just provide the creativity. For grades 6-12. Registration required.