On February 24, 1859, Wheaton first incorporated and operated as an Illinois village. Under the Illinois statute for villages, the governing body was the Village Board of Trustees, with the chief executive officer known as the village president. On April 24, 1890, Wheaton incorporated as a city with an elected mayor and council members, serving from wards. -- from History of Wheaton, City of Wheaton website
Portraits of the mayors are shown below in chronological order beginning with Judge Elbert H. Gary in 1890. The portraits are also available for public viewing in the City Council Chambers on the second floor at Wheaton City Hall.