Wheaton Public Library has study rooms available on the Lower Level and 2nd Floor to enable individuals and small groups of two to ten people to meet for educational or informational purposes without disturbing those around them.
- Study rooms may be reserved by Wheaton Public Library (WPL) cardholders up to one week in advance.
- For library users without WPL cards and those without reservations, Study Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Reservations can be made by cardholders with Teen (grade 6-12) or Adult library cards. Cardholders in grades 3-5 wishing to make a reservation should ask at the Tween Center Desk.
- Children from birth – 2nd grade must be accompanied by a caregiver. Reservations should be made with the caregiver’s WPL card.
- Study Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours initially. However, time may be extended in one hour increments if the room has not been reserved.
- Study Room users must check-in at either the Tween Center Desk or the 2nd floor Reference Desk before beginning to use the study room.
- To ensure a fair distribution of rooms among library users, groups and individuals are limited to no more than one reservation per day.
- Reservations are forfeited if registered person is 15 minutes late.
- Lights must be on in study rooms.
- Noise carries easily and users should be aware that rooms are not sound proof.
- Additional furniture may not be moved into study rooms.
- Study Rooms should be left in the same condition as they were found. Courtesy to subsequent users is expected and appreciated.
- The name, address, telephone number, or physical space of the library may not be used as the official headquarters for any business, organization, religious group or political office.
- Special accommodations may be granted by a department supervisor or the Library Director.
Those using Study Rooms must comply with all rules of behavior as set forth in the Library’s Rules of Conduct. Persons found littering, engaging in loud, disruptive conversation or conduct, defacing library property, or otherwise acting inappropriately and/or irresponsibly while using a study room will be required to leave the room and the library immediately, and may forfeit future use of the study rooms.
Wheaton Public Library Official Policy 5/19/2014; Amended 4/16/2018