Teacher Cards are available to teachers and other authorized school personnel currently employed by public, private, and parochial schools located within the City of Wheaton or School District 200 boundaries.
- School principals and/or librarians are sent a Teacher Card application each fall and are asked to submit a list of authorized teachers including full name and email address. Once the signed application is returned, Teacher Cards are created for each authorized teacher.
- Teacher Cards are exempt from overdue fines.
- Teachers are responsible for payment on Lost or Damaged items. If payment is not received within a timely manner, all Teacher Cards from the school will be blocked from checking out and requesting Book Bags until payment is received.
- Materials checked out on a Teacher Card must be for classroom use and not for personal borrowing. The number of items checked out from a certain subject area may be limited due to high demand.
- Those with Teacher Cards may request a Book Bag or may come to WPL to select items themselves. Since there is no physical card, just an account in our system, authorized teachers are asked to present a valid ID (school ID badge, driver’s license, etc.) when checking out items.
School Book Bags
School Book Bags are available to those with Teacher Cards as well as those homeschooling. Items may be requested in specific subject areas for use in the classroom.
To request a Book Bag, please fill out the online form below. PDF forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit Book Bag Requests at least five business days prior to the desired pickup date.
- Book Bags are picked up at the Checkout Desk on the main floor of WPL. Book Bags not claimed within five days of the pickup date will be re-shelved.
- Bags and items must be returned to WPL.
- Book Bag items follow the regular library loan periods and renewal rules, unless otherwise approved by WPL Teen Services.
- WPL staff will provide as many of the requested items as possible, but we must leave sufficient materials to accommodate other patrons. WPL staff reserve the right to limit the number of Book Bags requested from a school or a specific teacher if necessary.
Our teen services department is available to come to your classroom (in-person or virtual). We can provide library presentations, book talks, or collaborate on programs. If your classroom would like to come by the library in person we are happy to coordinate a visit to give a tour and/or overview of our resources. To schedule a visit or presentation please email Lisa Barefield.
For information on services for Preschool and Elementary School teachers, please visit Youth Services - Teachers.