Curbside Pickup & Summer Reading are open!
The Library remains closed
The Wheaton Public Library remains closed to the public until further notice in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding.
Summer Reading Challenge
June 1 - August Learn more
June 18 Update
• Curbside Pickup on Thursday, June 18 & Friday, June 19 is on Wesley Street
• Book returns are open; park on Wesley and take the sidewalk to the returns
• Library parking lot is closed for sealcoating on June 18 & 19
June 1 Update
• Summer Reading Challenge for all ages starts today. Sign up and earn prizes!
• Cubside Pickup starts today!
• We are aware that bills went out for overdue materials. We will not charge fines while the library is closed but the material can be returned. Book returns, on the southeast side of the library, are open at all hours beginning today. Please note that returned items are placed into quarantine for 7 days and will remain on your account until they are checked in.
May 27 Update
• Curbside Pickup starts Monday, June 1 for WPL cardholders who have holds to pick up
Learn more about Curbside Pickup
• Regular Book Returns open Monday, June 1
Last day for Curbside Returns is Friday, May 29 from 12-2 pm
• Cafe on the Park opens Friday, May 29
Enter from the library's West Plaza
See their hours
May 25 Update
• The library is closed for Memorial Day
• No Curbside Returns today
• No telephone or email service today
May 14 Update
• No Curbside Returns today because of the weather.
• How busy is the Virtual Library? See the Virtual Library Factsheet to find out.
May 7 Update
Starting Friday, May 8, materials may be returned to the library CURBSIDE ONLY.
Curbside Return Hours:
Monday, Wednesday & Friday - 12:00 to 2:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday - 5:00 to 7:00 pm
Enter the library parking lot off Scott Street and follow the signs.
The regular book returns remain closed.
April 6 Update
• Telephone Reference service starts today: 630-909-9698
March 31 Update
• All library programs and meetings are cancelled through May 31
• Anyone living within the boundaries of School District 200 can Get a Library Card to access eContent and online resources
• Reference Librarians are available through email and chat; telephone reference starts Monday, April 6
• All items are due June 1
• Outside book returns remain blocked
• Please use our Virtual Libraries with selected resources and activities for all ages
March 18 Update
Please do not return materials while the library is closed
• This includes Interlibrary Loan and LINKin materials
• The outside book returns have been blocked
• The due date for all items checked out has been extended to June 1, 2020
• No overdue fines will be charged while the library is closed
Interlibrary Loan service has been suspended
Your holds will remain on the holdshelf until we are able to check out material again
Wheaton Library cards have been renewed at least through 3/31/2021
to make our online resources accessible
• Learning Express - subject tests for elementary, middle and high school; practice tests for college entrance exams
• Lynda.com - 3,000+ video courses
• Mango Languages - over 70 languages to choose from