Thank you for coming!
Thank you to everyone who helped make our first Maker Day a success!
Maker Day promotes STEAM* learning for everyone. Watch an experiment, learn how to code, build with Legos, create a work of art.
Saturday, October 20 from 1-4 pm
The first 50 attendees get a FREE Maker Day t-shirt! Pick up a passport to keep track of your tour then visit stations throughout the library, from the lower level to the second floor. Get a raffle ticket for one of our door prizes.
Maker Day Presenters
- Fizzing Art - Make a work of art with baking soda paint and then watch it change when you add vinegar
- Robotics - design, build, program and run a LEGO Mindstorm EV robot
- Chicago Area Robotics - check out the incredible things robots can do
- Make a Pencil Box - make a box from start to finish or just stop by to watch and learn
- Start Coding - learn to use algorithms and flowcharts using Flowgorithm (free software)
- Fleece Blankets - learn how to make a cozy double-sixed adult size tie blanket
- Rubik's Cube Mosaic - help make a 400-Rubik's Cube mosaic of Bill Nye throughout the day
- Binary Necklaces - make a necklace using binary representations of your initials
- Hand Pedaled Three-wheeler - try different trike models and a wheelchair
- Wi-Fi Controlled Toy Car - learn how to make a DIY Wi-Fi controlled car through an iPhone app
- Anyone Can Animate - create a short animated clip
- Mandalas and Mudras - learn how to calm the mind and body with mandalas and create your own
- Quilting Squares - try your hand at creating a quilt square pattern
- Dia de los Muertos Window Decorations - create window decorations to celebrate the Mexican holiday
- Sepia and Creme Portrait Sketching - learn to trace or draw a sepia and creme portrait
- Henna Hand Art - watch artists paint hands with henna
- Newspaper Geodomes - learn how to make geodomes using recycled newspaper
- Legos - create with Legos and discover what you can make
- I'm a Maker Badges - decorate your own wearable badge
*STEAM = Science Technology Engineering Art Math