Friends Annual Book Sale
Friends Member Preview Sale:
- Tuesday, August 21 from 5 – 8 pm
- Open to current members only. Day of sale membership is $25.00
- Wednesday, August 22 and Thursday, August 23 from 9 am - 9 pm
- Friday, August 24 from 9 am - 5 pm Buy one get one of equal or lesser value for free!
- Saturday, August 25 from 9 am – 5 pm $5 a Bag (Bags supplied by the Friends)
Learn more, get a coupon and see prices
Concerts on the Park Series
Shop at the Book Nook
Books, magazines and media for sale every day.
Located on the Main Floor.
Book & Media Donations
Donations are needed for our sales. All donations should be placed in the donation bins located in the lobby of the library. Larger donations may be dropped off on the first Saturday of every month between 9am and noon. Volunteers will be available at the time to unload donations. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop-off at a different time.
Friends Used Book Sales
• Books: Friends Preview Night - August 21, 2018 | Open Sale - August 22-25, 2018
• Media: September 20-23, 2018
• Holiday Books & Art: November 8-11, 2018
• Sale rules
• Donation guidelines
• Donation receipt
Volunteer to Sort Donations and Work the Sales
Volunteers are needed to sort books and materials for the sales and to work at the sales. At the sorting sessions, volunteers look through the donated items we’ve recently received and sort them by categories. Sorting is done on the 3rd floor of the library.
Beginning May 1, 2018 our sorting schedule is as follows:
• Mondays from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
• Tuesdays from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
• Thursdays from 10:00 am – noon
You don’t need to RSVP for sorting sessions—just come when you can and stay as long as you like.
If you have never sorted books for the sale, we’ll train you during your first sorting session.
Become a Member
Wheaton’s Friends of the Library group was started in 2003. Anyone can become a member by filling out the application and paying the annual dues, which range from $10 for Seniors to $50 for Best Friends. The dues, along with all the money raised throughout the year, go directly to benefit the library. Current Friends members are asked to renew their memberships each May. A renewal letter is sent in April. For more information about the Friends please contact the President, Hope Grant.